Objectives of the Program
- To Extend Perfumers’ Education by teaching them important advanced knowledge in botanicals and their use in natural perfumery. Most of IPF Certified Natural Perfumers have been studying aromatherapy and some of them also have deep knowledge of flower and plant growing and distilling for their own essential oils. This knowledge of botanicals is basic understanding in traditional and ancestral perfumery which should be reintroduced in all perfumery education curriculum since it is necessary for any current or future natural perfumer.
- To Promote the Teaching of Natural Perfumery
Traditional perfumery existed for 5000 years and has nothing to do with what industrials called Modern Perfumery in the 1920's. Modern Perfumery has existed for less than 150 years when perfumers started to use synthetic molecules to replace flowers and botanicals exchanging their perfumer title for the one of chemists.
- To Increase the Number of IPF Certified Natural Perfumery Schools and allow more perfumers to become IPF Certified Natural Perfumers worldwide. Since Natural Perfumery is part of our heritage, it should be protected and taught to as many people as possible because it is also part of the New Economy in responding to consumers’ increasing demand for natural perfumes.
- To Insure Consumers know about the quality, the authenticity and the integrity of the perfumes they are purchasing as well as the perfumers and brands putting them in the marketplace.
- IPF Certified Natural Perfumers that have as much as 15-20 years expertise in developing their own brands and product lines.
- Growers and Distillers.
-New Luxury Experts in luxury marketing, branding, packaging and product development.
- Perfume historians and anthropologists.
NATURAL PERFUMERY TEACHER'S ACADEMY
Teacher's Academy is revealing:
- Secrets of Traditional Perfumery using naturals and botanicals only. For example, the replacement of musk (a natural animal product causing enormous suffering to animals) and synthetic musk (that may produce serious damage to human livers) with a botanical musk scent formula developed from hibiscus seeds.
- Secrets of Flowers and Plants, their benefits and the use of essential oils with the knowledge of their power.
- Secrets of Distillations using the best methods for distillations and having the best quality essential oils.
- Secrets of Growing Your Own Fragrant Garden using the best biodynamic methods. For example, learning what plants to grow next to each other.
- Secrets of Luxury Presentation using appropriate and sustainable packaging including the use of dark glass or of beautiful presentation boxes to protect perfume from the light.
- Secrets of the New Luxury Code using its application to the business of perfume. For example how to create a New Luxury Perfume.
- Secrets of Perfume Heritage using the history of men on
LES ROUTES DU PARFUM™, historical aspect of natural perfumery, an important heritage, witness of traditional and ancient use for each civilisation and each region of the world.
Participation in this Program:
On demand for institutions and corporate.
For public workshops:
Visit our event page
Or follow us on social media.