THE NATURAL PERFUMERY EXPERTS HAVE FOUNDED THE TEACHER'S ACADEMY
Objectives of the Program
- To Promote the Teaching of Natural Perfumery
Traditional perfumery has existed for 5000 years and has nothing to do with what industrials called Modern Perfumery in the 1920's. Modern Perfumery has existed for less than 150 years when perfumers started to use synthetic molecules to replace flowers and botanicals exchanging their perfumer title for the one of chemists.
- To Extend Teachers’ Education by teaching them important advanced knowledge in botanicals and their use in natural perfumery. Most of IPF Certified Natural Perfumers have been studying aromatherapy and some of them also have deep knowledge of flower and plant growing and distilling for their own essential oils. This knowledge of botanicals is basic understanding in traditional and ancestral perfumery which should be reintroduced in all perfumery education curriculum since it is necessary for any current or future natural perfumer.
- To Increase the Number of IPF Certified Natural Perfumery Schools and allow more perfumers to become IPF Certified Natural Perfumers worldwide. Since Natural Perfumery is part of our heritage, it should be protected and taught to as many people as possible because it is also part of the New Economy in responding to consumers’ increasing demand for natural perfumes.
- To Insure Consumers know about the quality, the authenticity and the integrity of the perfumes they are purchasing as well as the perfumers and brands putting them in the marketplace.
Teacher's Academy is revealing:
- Secrets of Traditional Perfumery using naturals and botanicals only. For example, the replacement of musk (a natural animal product causing enormous suffering to animals) and synthetic musk (that may produce serious damage to human livers) with a botanical musk scent formula developed from hibiscus seeds.
- Secrets of Flowers and Plants, their benefits and the use of essential oils with the knowledge of their power.
-Secrets of "Enfleurage" and the making of flower absolutes.
-Secrets of Distillations using the best methods for distillations and having the best quality essential oils.
- Secrets of Growing Your Own Healing Garden using the best biodynamic methods. For example, learning what plants to grow next to each other.
- Secrets of Luxury Presentation using appropriate and sustainable packaging including the use of dark glass or of beautiful presentation boxes to protect perfume from the light.
- Secrets of the New Luxury Code using its application to the business of perfume. For example how to create a New Luxury Perfume.
- Secrets of Perfume Heritage using the history of men on
LES ROUTES DU PARFUM™, historical aspect of natural perfumery, an important heritage, witness of traditional and ancient use for each civilisation and each region of the world.
Discover our Academicians - Ask for Speakers - Participe to workshops - Organise working group, exhibitions...