NEW LUXURY AWARDS 2019
Perfume, Packaging and packing of the Future
Sustainability Following the New Luxury Code
The winning selection will be announced on January 15-2020 and displayed during the ADF-PCD show in Paris on January 29 and 30- 2020. The winners will be announced during on January 30- 2020.
Give us Your Vision of the Future
Are you perfumer, packaging engineer or designer?
You are the future of this industry!
Are you inspired by the New Luxury Code?
Give us your vision of the future!
What will be perfume in 2025?
Our objective is to stimulate creativity in perfume and packaging in adopting the New Luxury Code as sustainability standards for Authenticity, Integrity and Transparency.
This competition has also for objective to create a link between new perfumers, new designers, and students in perfumery and students in packaging.
Together Let’s Make our Industry a Leader in Sustainability!
The jury is composed by Academicians, Members of the Teacher’s Academy, experts and world renowned influencers from the perfume and packaging industry who will first choose up to 10 entries to be shortlisted.
Competition opened to:
- Natural Perfumers following the standards of the International Perfume Foundation
- Graduates of a Natural Perfumery Schools
- Students in Natural Perfumery
- Designers in Packaging/ Packing
- Engineers in Packaging / Packing
- Graduates of a Packaging and Packing Schools
- Students in Packaging/Packing
Rules and Key factors
Creating a Perfume, Packaging or Packing following the New Luxury Code.
Respect the standards of the International Perfume Foundation for Certification.
Creating a perfume with a soul and a story to tell.
- Creating Packaging that no one wants to throw away.
- Creating Packaging with a soul and a story to tell.
- Avoiding using plastics or non-recyclable material.
- Avoiding mixing materials if they cannot be easily separate for recycling.
- Ergonomics / Functionality (the package should be easy to store, hold, open and close)
-All designs presented will have to be new, not having been commercialized or published prior to the date of the contest.
- The use of existing logo is not permitted except if your work is associated with the work of a perfumer also competing. Understanding that the competition is open to perfumers only, not to the brands.
Product protection (package protects the product throughout the logistics chain).
Sustainability (use of renewable and biodegradable materials, material efficiency, material savings, recyclability, reusability)
All submissions must be made by post mail and must contain:
- Description (min. 50 words) outlining the inspiration and benefits of the concept.
- The competition languages are English and French.
For Designers and Engineers:
- Up to 6 photos/illustrations on white background.
Participants can submit the following material (optional):
- 3D visuals
- Creative video (max. 30 MB) presenting the concept.
- Up to 6 sample vials of perfume
- Description and criteria of the perfume
- List of raw material used
Open for registration:October 9-2019
Closing registration: October 30-2019
Open for submission:January 1-2020
Closing submission: January 15-2020
Ask for a registration file